Are you a baker by any chance? Or lovemaking homemade doggie treats? And why wouldn’t you? If you have the chance to make your dog treats then you have to try at least once in a while. Being a dog owner it’s a must to do the food shopping more often because as it turns out as your pup keeps growing and the food keeps vanishing! Atta boy!
Since your dog is growing, you need to take care of his proper nutrition so homemade treats sound more than just fun. This way you can avoid any allergens or put together a yummy meal even from scrapes. A little DIY project can unleash your inner creative chef who loves to spoil their dogs with a special love.
Benefits of Homemade Doggie Treat
Dog treats are special. Treat your dog real special with rewards. According to various studies, it was concluded that dogs highly respond to “reward meals” i.e. they stay put/show good behavior.
Therefore some of the most amazing benefits of easy to make dog treats means;
- You can control the menu. Use nutritious and wholesome snack to make sure your dog’s health is not compromised
- Easy to avoid any unhealthy additives which can do more harm than good.
- Homemade treats are so much better than processed dog foods! A tasty alternative is a must for your dog too and so on.
Homemade Doggie Treats with Simple Ingredients
Even if you are not a great cook by any means, it is fine. The following dog treat recipes are easy to follow and made out of ingredients that are available in your home pantry. So are you ready to try some cool dog treat recipes?
1. Soft Dog Treat Recipes
What does your dog love the most? Surprisingly dogs have a sweet tooth too. Soft dog treats make the chewy treats the most appreciated form of food. So, if your dog crave something sweet then you must try;
Dog Birthday Cake Recipe
Before you start baking, ask yourself the most important question. What type of flour to use in a dog’s birthday cake? Our suggestion is to be selective in this matter. Although the floor acts as a common binding agent, so use whole grain flour instead of white flour. If your pup is sensitive to wheat you can skip the flour altogether. It’s time to bake the coconut berry cake for your dog.
It’s packed with strawberries (rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, and phytochemicals) while coconut boosts the digestive system of your dog.
- 1 ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ¾ cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Natural food coloring
- Strawberries for topping
Directions to Bake
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Take honey, eggs, and melted coconut oil. Mix them all. Gradually add flour and strawberries.
- Use a 4inch spring form pan, grease it with coconut oil.
- Bake the batter for 20-25 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Mix, yogurt, honey, and food coloring for frosting and garnish with berries!
2. Quick Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats Recipe
Peanut butter is one of the simplest ingredients to find in the refrigerator. Peanut butter not only tastes divine but makes your kitchen smell good too. So it’s a treat for your dog and you.
Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Especially if your dog loves the peanut butter he will grovel at whatever you put in front of him.
- 2 cups, flour
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup water (more or less)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Take flour, peanut butter, pumpkin puree, and eggs together in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add water according to one tbsp. and mix well. Repeat this process gradually enough to make a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough equally and use your favorite shapes to cut the cookies.
- Place the baking sheet on the baking tray and cook for 15 minutes.
3. Homemade Dog Treats without Peanut Butter
Pumpkin and peanut butter dog treats sound good and yummy too but you need to keep things simple too. Sometimes dogs cannot be a big fan of peanut butter either. So it’s best to make simple and easy dog biscuits.
Doggie Biscuit Recipe
Dog biscuits are an expression of love for your dog (remember the reward food) so you can stow away dog biscuits as many as you want in just one-time cooking.
- 2 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. salt (just a pinch)
- 1 egg1 tsp. chicken or beef bouillon granules
- ½ cup hot water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Dissolve bouillon in hot water and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Knead dough until it takes a ball form (keep it ½ inch thick).
- Use the cutter to cut into slices. Place it on the greased baking tray.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
4. Homemade Dog Treats with Rolled Oats
Just because a treat is homemade it doesn’t call for a lazy mash-up. Instead, you have to make sure you use a variety of options from your home pantry.
Since oatmeal is good for your dog, it is rich in plant-based proteins and is high in soluble fiber.
Baked Homemade Oatmeal Dog Treats Recipe
While preparing the following recipe remember that it’s more of a snack than an actual meal so remember not to replace it with your dog’s main meal.
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsalted broth (chicken or beef)
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Celsius.
- Take a mixing bowl; add broth, egg, and only 2 cups of oats in it. Combine well.
- Knead through the mixer until the dough becomes firm (with ½ inch thickness).
- Use a cutter to slice into pieces and put them on the baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, and let them cool afterward.
5. Homemade Dog Treats Recipes Vet Approved
Every dog owner loves their pups. Even with the homemade recipes that may not crack the hunger strikes sometimes your dog goes through. So what can you do in such a case?
Since pandemic was on the rise, vets all over the country introduced some guaranteed homemade treat that your pet will enjoy
Diabetic Dog Treat Recipe
Yes, it does come as a surprise but even dogs can be diabetic! So if you have one, then follow this recipe.
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ beef liver (pounded)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Use a food processor to mix the liver or use a knife.
- Add flour and eggs together with the ground beef liver. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture equally onto the pan (thinly). Bake for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut it into pieces (squares) and let it cool.
See? It’s all easy! You can follow any of these dogs treat recipes for your dog and we assure you it’s worth the effort.